Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Roasted Cauliflower

I've been reading a lot of rave reviews of roasted cauliflower lately, so I thought I would try it out. It's good. The cauliflower seems a bit blander than when it is steamed or boiled; which is, I think, why a lot of people like this, and why I am not particularly jumping up and down. I like the flavour of cauliflower, thankyewverymuch. However, it's easy and a little different; I'll be doing this again, definitely.

2 servings
40 minutes - 10 minutes prep time

Roasted Cauliflowerabout 4 cups cauliflower florets (1/3 to 1/2 of a large cauliflower)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, crushed
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
1/2 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed

Preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash the cauliflower, and cut it up. It should be in slices or florets, not much more than 1/2" wide, to ensure it cooks through.

Put it in a roasting pan and toss with the oil. Crush the spices, and toss them into the cauliflower.

Roast the cauliflower for 30 minutes, until tender and beginning to brown a little in spots.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I have never cooked cauliflower like this but I like the sound of it. Especially with the cumin.

Erndog said...

I've made this yummy cauliflower dish at least twice now also (like your paprika cauliflower recipe) and love it too! I've got another head of cauliflower just waiting for one of your spice combos. :-)
~Erin