Tuesday, 17 July 2007

Roasted Baby Zucchini

I thought these were rather expensive when I first saw them, at $4 for a plastic clamshell full of baby zucchini. However, when I got home I counted them, and there were 18 of them. The going rate for a full-grown zucchini at the market seems to be .75¢, so if the farmers had only waited a day or two to harvest them, they could have gotten $13.50 for them... now I have to consider them quite the bargain.

The young lad who sold them to me lobbied to keep the actual plastic clamshell that they were measured out into for purposes of re-use, and I forgot to note the weight measurement, so you are getting my best guess.

2 servings
25 minutes - 5 minutes prep time

Roasted Baby Yellow Zucchini (Courgettes)
18 baby zucchini (1 lb?)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons minced parsley
squeeze of lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Wash the zucchini, and put them in a small roasting pan. Crush the salt and pepper together. Toss the zucchini with the oil, salt and pepper, and parsley. Squeeze over a little lemon juice.

Roast for 20 minutes, until tender.


Ksenia said...

I bought some green Baby Zucchini, because they were so cute, but I didn't know what to do with them. I googled and found this post. So, I am going to use this recipe in a minute. Thank you.

Ferdzy said...

Hope you enjoy them!

Ksenia said...

They turned out GREAT! We all loved them! It was also so easy to make, which made me very happy. LOL Thank you!!!!