Saturday, 30 March 2024

Red Winged Blackbirds

Finally, finally heard the first one of the season today. 

They are late! Usually here a few days before the equinox, so at least 2 weeks late, and I only heard one. WHERE ARE THEY ALL!?

3 comments:

KarenW said...

They have been around Pembroke for a week or more. I had a massive, noisy flock of them in the trees on the west side of my house last Sunday. Mostly females.

Marnie said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Ferdzy! I hope all is well and you're looking forward to another year of gardening, etc. It's a hectic time for me as I'm about to move to a new place after 24 years here. Onward! All the best for 2025!

Ferdzy said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Marnie! I feel like I'm getting old and creaky but I'm persisting nevertheless. I hope your move brings you new horizons and a happy new year.