Friday, 13 February 2009

Tuna & Pea Salad

This is something I often make for a quick lunch when I am not feeling too inspired... and I'm not feeling too inspired at the moment, I have to admit. (I'm trying to psych myself up for painting the rest of the kitchen, and the lack of inspiration is contagious.) It's very quick and easy, and reasonably tasty and nutritious. I figure it serves one because I tend to regard it as my entire lunch, but if you wanted to eat something else as well, like a bowl of soup and some bread, it would stretch to two. Not wildly local, I'm afraid, unless you have frozen your own peas.

1 to 2 servings
10 minutes prep time

Tuna and Pea Salad
1 cup frozen peas
1 tin chunk light tuna
1 tablespoon vinegar
mayonnaise to taste
1 green onion, minced (optional)
1 small carrot, peeled & finely grated (optional)
1 stalk of celery, minced (optional)

Put the frozen peas on to cook. Once they are boiling, drain them and cool them in cold water.

Meanwhile, open and drain the tuna and mix it with the vinegar, the mayonnaise, and any or all of the optional extras. Mix in the cold, drained peas. Dust with a little pepper if you like, and dig in.

Last year at this time I made Stir-Fried Beef & Cabbage with Shiitakes.

No comments: