Saturday, 19 December 2015

Signing Off for the Holidays

Probably a little earlier than usual. However, Dad died earlier this week so I am quite busy at the moment. I am a little embarrassed about how calm and accepting I have been about the whole thing so far, but the last few months of his life were so truly dreadful  that it became really clear that death is not the worst thing that can happen to a person.

I'll be back sometime in January, not sure exactly when. In the meantime I hope everyone has the holidays that are all they could wish for. See you when the days are getting longer!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

My condolences to you and your family. My dad is not well either, and likely won't make it much past April or May. He's not too bad off at the moment, but I know how these things tend to go. We are just trying to enjoy the little time that we have left, before the inevitable deterioration comes.

Ferdzy said...

Thanks, Margaret. Best wishes for a minimum of pain and stress when the time comes. I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays with him.

Claudia said...

Regardless of whether a death is expected or not, it's never easy, and I hope happy memories with your father comfort and console you.

Marnie said...

I'm sorry for your loss, and glad that release came for all concerned. Best wishes for your family and yes, bring on those lengthening days.

Ferdzy said...

Thanks, Claudia and Marnie. I hope you both have very enjoyable holidays. Thanks so much for commenting, too.

Melynda Brown said...

Take care, I look forward to your return.

Ferdzy said...

Thanks Melynda. Happy holidays to you.

Anne said...

Sorry for your loss. I look forward to your posts when you return.

Ferdzy said...

Thanks, Anne. Happy holidays.

Karen said...

My condolences. It's a relief when it comes isn't it? (Both of my parents lingered far longer than they wanted.) Take care of YOURSELF.

Ferdzy said...

Thanks, Karen. I do find myself relieved in many ways.