Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Apple Tapioca Pudding

A very simple little dessert or breakfast dish today; it's really just thickened applesauce.  The honey and apple cider make it fairly sweet and rich though, so apply it judiciously. I ate mine with unsweetened yogurt, which I thought balanced it out very well.

4 to 6 servings
20 minutes prep time, plus cooling time

Apple Tapioca Pudding

1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup minute tapioca
2 cups apple cider
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 large apples
the juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)

Put the honey, tapioca, apple cider, salt, and cinnamon in a large pot. Peel the apples, quarter them and core them, and slice them into the pot.

Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thickened and the tapioca is clear. Stir in the lemon juice if you would like it.

Cool and refrigerate until wanted; serve with cream, yogurt or oatmeal if desired. Or even  ice-cream, I suppose.

Last year at this time I made 5-Spice Pork Chops.

1 comment:

Foothill Farm said...

Love the Turkish Place Mat.

Oh, and this recipe is to die for.

I'm using my LAST jar of apple butter. But, it's worth it!