Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Yeah, I've Not Been Posting

You may have noticed, if there's anyone out there still to notice.

This has been a difficult season. Dad fell down the stairs and spent a week in the hospital being observed; fortunately he was just badly bruised and there were no long-term repercussions. This was followed by a discussion with my mother-in-law about how we think she shouldn't be driving anymore; fortunately, she agreed and we will now be spending a certain amount of time driving her around. UNfortunately, this was followed by her suffering from gallstones, kidney stones, and heart irregularities, and the driving started immediately and with a vengeance, not to mention the waiting around in doctors offices. Again, we are lucky that in spite of these problems she is basically in very good health.

While all this has obviously eaten up a certain amount of my time, the real problem (for me) is that it all sent me into a complete funk. Intellectually, I've known for a long time that we are all getting older. However it was a lot easier to ignore 2 months ago when I didn't even know any of this was on the horizon. So I've been busy digesting all this change and it turns out I needed such a complete break from the blog that I couldn't even bring myself to post a be-back-sometime message.

Since I have now been able to cope with the idea of posting a be-back-sometime message, I guess that means things are improving, and I'll be back - sometime - probably even this month and if I am able to get myself in gear, later this week. In general, though, I suspect I'll be posting at a slower rate than I was.

Hope you all have happy, holidays, with the people you love, and a healthy and productive new year.


7 comments:

M@ said...

There are definitely some of us still out here! Nice to see a post, although I'm sorry the year has been so tough on you. Here's hoping for better, brighter things next year. All the best.

Janet said...

Yes, there are some of still out there. All the best for the new year.

Peter Tschirhart said...

Hope you take your time and recharge your batteries. I really look forward to your posts, many of your recipes have become family favorites.

CallieK said...

Another still here! (and I haven't posted on my blog since Sept - guess we all need a break sometimes )

Marnie said...

Oh dear, Ferdzy, that's a lot to cope with. I had that kind of year with my parents' health too. (*Both* airlifted to London at different times -- what are the odds??) It's funny how all-consuming it is while it's happening, and then when things settle down you can sort of forget about it for a while, if you're lucky. I hope you get a break for a while and enjoy the holiday season with all your family and friends.

Ferdzy said...

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate your good thoughts. Best wishes to you all, and to your parents too, Marnie.

joasan said...

I was wondering where you were. I'm glad to hear things are peeking up.....looking forward to your next post. Aunt joan