Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Foodstock

Just in case you haven't heard about it yet - although it seems to be quite well publicized - there is going to be an event called Foodstock next Sunday, October 16th from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, in Honeywood, Ontario. This is an event in support of the movement to stop the proposed mega-quarry in Melancthon township. I've written about this before; it's a cause well worth supporting.

The CBC had an interesting interview with the principals of the proposed quarry yesterday; and a right pair of whinging 1%ers they sound too. They are sooo misunderstood. Aw, diddums.

If you can't get out there to help kick this egregious plan to the curb, please consider making a donation. And give deeper consideration to the evils of NAFTA, which works hard to destroy local community control over the activities of multi-national corporations. The Stop the Quarry movement is getting a lot of attention and momentum, but I really hope it can connect to the big picture and get a movement going to repeal NAFTA.

5 comments:

CallieK said...

Will you be there? I'm rounding up a bunch of friends to make the trip- still haven't figured out transportation yet but would love to say hello if you are there!

Ferdzy said...

Yes, I intend to go. If it's as big as it's supposed to be, I don't know how easy it will be to meet up, but we could try. I would like that.

Happy-gal said...

WOW! I had no idea! I am unable to make it to Foodstock but I will get right on typing out a letter or two!!!
(BTW, Just started readin' your blog last week...LOVED the salsa recipe, my batch turned out awesome!)

Ferdzy said...

Thanks, Happy-gal. Glad you like it. And it's amazing what people think they can get away with, isn't it? Even worse if they turn out to be right...!

Ryan Nielsen said...

Hi! My name is Ryan and I’m the editor of howtocookfantasticfood.com. I think you have an awesome food site so I posted a link to it in our blog directory. I wasn't able to find your email address on your site but I’d like to invite you to be a part of our Featured Website program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at ryan [at] howtocookfantasticfood [dot] com.