Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Oh, S***

Well, there's the view out the back of the house for the next four months.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go back to bed.


Claudia said...

I hate to be the jealous type, but here in Hamilton it's just cold. Snow should be the reward for cold.

In the meantime, I'll make your leek & brussel sprout soup in solidarity.


Ferdzy said...

Thanks, Claudia. Let me know how it turns out!

And never mind, you should have some snow real soon. I have to admit if it was this temperature with no snow I'd be fretting about my plants. Now they are all tucked in and cozy (for a certain value of cozy) for the winter. Which also means I won't be eating them for Christmas, as I had hoped. Ho hum.

ddidonat said...

I love it! I wish we (in Hamilton) had that much snow!!!

CallieK said...

I was in Sarnia for a few days this week and they had virtually no snow but my brother about 40 minutes away in Crediton ( near Exeter) can't see out of his house! Back to Toronto by train last night and we could see where the path of heavy snow fell from around Strathroy to just past Stratford- yet Toronto has next to none either.

My remaining plants are frozen solid and I'm regretting not dumping those few last tomato pots on the roof.

Ferdzy said...

ddidonat, be careful what you wish for. You might get it!

CallieK, it's funny isn't it. My Mom 10 minutes down the road has way MORE snow than we do. And 10 minutes up to the top of the escarpment looks pretty different too, I'm sure. We are right off Georgian Bay and we get a lot of lake-effect snow. I look on the bright side - I ain't in Buffalo.

Kevin Kossowan said...

Yeah. At least I'm getting lots of sleep. That's my consolation.

Tarra said...

What I do is try to keep the deck shovelled and then, if I get down close to the floor and squint a bit, I can briefly pretend its spring already.