Monday, 21 June 2010

Guatamalan Radish Salad

This is as simple a salad as you can make, but it's pretty intense in flavour. Serve it in small portions, or use it as a topping on tacos or tostadas. Next time I think I would chop the radishes more finely than I did this time.

8 servings
20 minutes prep time - plus chill time

Guatamalan Radish Salad
450 grams (1 pound) radishes
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup orange juice (the juice of 1 orange)
1/4 cup lemon juice (the juice of 1 lemon)
salt and pepper to taste

Wash and trim the radishes, and cut them into thin slices or slivers. Mix them with the remaining ingredients and chill well.



Last year at this time I made Cranberry, Orange & Almond Salad with Orange-Fennel Dressing and Ginger-Peanut Sauce, good with all kinds of vegatables.

2 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

That looks really good. Now I know what to do with all the radish once ready from the garden.

dan said...

likewise