Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Tahini Salad Dressing

Here's a nice, zingy little dressing. The recipe doesn't make a lot, but I don't think that it keeps all that well, and it's quite intensely flavoured; a little will go a long way. It's quick enough to put together when you want it.

I served it on lightly steamed and cooled vegetables; red, yellow and orange carrots, and green and yellow wax beans.

Makes about 1/3 cup of dressing
15 minutes prep time

Tahini Salad Dressing on Beans and Carrots
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon finelygrated fresh garlic
2 tablespoons tahini
the juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon mustard
a little water

1 tbsp minced parsley (optional)

Grate the ginger and garlic into a small bowl. Mix in the tahini and lemon juice until well blended. Mix in the soy sauce and mustard, until the dressing is smooth. If necessary, thin the dressing with a little water - it should be the texture of thick cream. Add minced parsley if you like.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I love tahini in all shapes and forms. Thanks for this recipe...I have all of these ingredients on hand!

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

I made this last night and it was excellent! I've linked to you, I hope that's ok!

Ferdzy said...

Woah, that was fast! Glad you liked it and of course I'm very happy to be linked.