Thursday, 11 June 2009

My Second Blog-iversary & Garden Update

It's been two years today since I first started this blog. Not running out of recipes or ideas yet! In fact, the more I blog, the more I find there is to blog about.

Potatoes Growing in Trenches
Early in May I posted about planting potatoes. For a long time, we wondered if they were ever going to come up, but they did and are now getting bigger by the day. The weeds too, of course. The trenches have already been filled in a little.


Working in the Vegetable Garden
Our goal for this new vegetable garden is to have 20 beds in 4 groups of 5, and rotate vegetables on a 4 year plan. We have almost half of them dug, and have also covered some spots in the hopes that if we kill the vegetation there, they will be easier to dig in the fall.

Beds in the Vegetable Garden
In theory, this bed contains root vegetables. In practice, we'll see. They sure are slow...

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy blogiversary! I have been following for over a year of the two years and never get tired of seeing what you come up with and/or hearing about your adventures with the local produce.

I can imagine how waiting for root vegetables would be frustrating. I like seeing results or at least knowing something is going on.

sdrv said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Your gardens are looking fabulous!

Stephen

Marnie said...

Happy blogiversary! I always enjoy reading about your healthy, local creations.

Ferdzy said...

Thanks, guys! Your kind words are much appreciated. Now must go hoe the potatoes...

Kevin Kossowan said...

Congrats on two years!!
And for whatever reason I've turned into a garden/plant psycho in the past year, so was super stoked to see your project. What a load of space!!! You must be so excited!!!