Saturday, 18 April 2009

News from Monforte

I received an email from Monforte Dairy this week...



Monforte Dairy has a new home!
Monforte is thrilled today to be able to say that we now officially have a home in Stratford and a building that will be started in June of this year. Monforte's new facility will be built at 211 Lorne Ave. and we will start production as soon as the milk starts to run in 2010. In the meantime, as soon as the dairy is built we are anticipating a school for cheesemaking.

The most important thing I can say today is thank you to Tom Melanson and Perth Community Futures. This morning I had four meetings with different banks, including leftwing, government supported institutions as well as conventional banks and credit unions, only to be told by each and every one of them that my debt to equity ratio was not appropriate and even with the offer of my pregnant Clydesdale I didn't have enough security against my business. This with five years of sound financials.
All I can say is thank heavens for grassroots movements like CSAs and Perth Community Futures, and of course to all of you who have supported Monforte with your money and passion.

Fondly,

Ruth Klahsen
Monforte Dairy Company

No comments: