Saturday, 30 August 2008

I'm Home But I'm Gone

I'm back from our trip to Nova Scotia, which was great. A week is not enough time to pack in all the things we wanted to do, but we managed to do a lot, as well as spend a fair bit of time with my great-aunt. We saw a lot of our cousins, including two who were supposed to be on the way to London via Zoom; we met them in the airport after they'd been turfed off their plane.

We managed a side-trip to Prince Edward Island, and we ate a lot of seafood, including lobster rolls, fried clams, and lots of fish-cakes with chow-chow. That's a recipe I may try to Ontari-ize, once we move to our new house near the shore of Georgian Bay.

And on that note, I'm signing off for a while. Starting this evening, we'll dismantle the computers and pack them. It is likely to be at least a week before we get them set up again, and even then, we'll be very busy with 3 units turning over back at the apartment, 2 of which will require some major work. I'll try to get back in the groove as soon as I can (if only because I am getting damn tired of restaurant food) but expect few to no posts for about 2 weeks.

Hope to "see" you soon!

No comments: