Sunday, 20 July 2008

A Woman Cleaning Lentils

A lentil, a lentil, a lentil, a stone.
A lentil, a lentil, a lentil, a stone.
A green one, a black one, a green one, a black. A stone.
Suddenly a word. A lentil.
A lentil, a word, a word next to another word. A sentence.
A word, a word, a word, a nonsense speech.
Then an old song.
Then an old dream.
A life, another life, a hard life. A lentil. A life.
An easy life. A hard life. Why easy? Why hard?
Lives next to each other. A life. A word. A lentil.
A green one, a black one, a green one, a black one, pain.
A green song, a green lentil, a black one, a stone.
A lentil, a stone, a stone, a lentil.


Zahrad

3 comments:

Amber said...

This is an incredibly beautiful poem! I keep coming back to read it again and again.
Thank you for posting it.

Ferdzy said...

You're very welcome!

I read it somewhere and didn't copy it down, a few years back. Then I had to hunt it down, because I kept thinking about it.

ruchika tara mathur said...

Love this poem. I was cleaning lentils myself today, and my thoughts were all over the place. And perchance, I stumbled across this.