Wednesday, 11 June 2008

One Full Year of Seasonal Ontario Food!

On this day, one year ago, I found myself stuck in the office all day with not much to do and nowhere to go as a result of some construction work happening out in the hallway. The idea of starting a food blog had been knocking around in my head for a while, and under the pressure of acute boredom it made its escape out onto the printed screen. Here it is; I hope it has been enjoyed.

In honour of this momentous occasion, I have decided to add a few new items to the blog. First of all, check the bottom of new posts from here on out for a link to the recipe posted a year previously on each date or thereabouts. After all, it's back in season again! Last year I kicked off the blog with Asparagus, Feta & Pumpkin Seed Salad. You probably missed it, so check it out. It's one of my sweetie's favourite salads - mine too.

Secondly, I have been refraining from posting on Sundays, in a (failed) effort to keep this blog from taking over my entire life. I still have no intention of writing a post on Sundays, but I do intend to start posting a Quote of the Week: some little tid-bit on the subject of food, food politics, the seasons, Ontario, or any other topic that seems like a good idea at the time; written by someone else and merely transcribed by me. We'll see how long that keeps up.




Last year on this date: Asparagus, Feta & Pumpkin Seed Salad

4 comments:

Peter M said...

Congrats Ferdzy...you keep knocking out great dishes with a frequent pace.

Have another great year!

Jeff said...

Way to go! Great to have such an informative local blog!

Bellini Valli said...

A whole year of excellent recipes coming out of your kitchen in my old stomping grounds of Southern Ontario. Keep up the great work Ferdzy...here's to another year. Cheers...clink...

Andrea... said...

Here's to another great year!!