Thursday, 18 October 2007

Buttermilk & Herb Salad Dressing

This easy, creamy dressing is one of my standards. I assume you have dry herbs only, but if you have fresh ones by all means use them, a bit more generously than called for.

Alas, this is the last picture I will get of this little glass bowl, because I broke it while washing it. *sniff*

4 to 6 servings (about 1 cup)
10 minutes prep time
Buttermilk and herb salad dressing1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon savory
1 teaspoon dillweed
1/2 teaspoon mint
2 teaspoons chives

Mix all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.

Generally, use this on mixed green salads, but cole-slaw is good too.


Kevin said...

This salad dressing sounds very tasty!

Peter M said...

Ferdzy, I have all these ingredients...I'm on it!