Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Strawberries with Sour Cream & Sucanat

Honestly, yes. This is a recipe. And a very fine one too, if you use very fine strawberries, very fine sour cream, and Sucanat, which is far better than regular brown sugar.

1 serving
10 minutes prep time

Strawberries with Sour Cream & Sucanat (Brown Sugar)strawberries; about a cup, say
2 tablespoons sour cream, more or less
1 teaspoon Sucanat, or to taste

Rinse, hull and cut in half the quantity of strawberries that you propose to eat. Top with sour cream and a sprinkle of Sucanat.


Kevin said...

This looks good! It reminds me of my childhood. Instead of having it all in one bowl we would place it in 3 separate bowls. You would grab the strawberry by the stem and dip it into the sour cream followed by dipping it in the brown sugar. I will have to do this while strawberries are still in season.

Al said...

Sucanat! I'd never heard of it before. I looked at their website but the store locator was USA only. I'll have to check some Toronto retail outlets. I want to try it.